Is Programming for everyone?

From my personal experience of teaching and as a programmer and lead, I found that programming is not for everyone. but this is usual and common, as

  • Not everyone can become a Doctor
  • Not everyone can become a Mathematician (this is 100% true for me :)
  • Not everyone can become an Architect
  • Not everyone can become a Lawyer
  • Not everyone can become a Leader etc., etc.,
        Therefore, no exception for the programming field. It is a skill that requires motivation, hardworking, dedication along a Good Mentor/Teacher, and Will. Undoubtedly there are a number of programmers who are self-taught but also some programmers who don't know how to program despite good teaching/mentoring and an abundance of free resources. Some people learn programming syntax easily but become fail to provide/think the solution to a particular problem. Some people even fail to learn the basic syntax and are afraid of the syntax or programming.
          "But I also believe that most newbies quit programming or are afraid of programming due to improper Teaching, lack of guidance, and lack of motivation. (This can be overcome)."


My Story | When I afraid of Programming | The blue programming screen:

        In my Secondary Education, I was also afraid of programming (The blue screen of C editor,  # include, STDIO, CONIO, i++, while loop, if-else, loop, printf, etc.). All these things were horrible for me and I thought that I can’t do it! Reason? Lack of motivation and an image that programming is very hard. After enrolling in a Degree program at the university level, I found C language horrible editor window again in the first semester, then, I decided that I have to learn it, no matter how difficult or how trivial it is (remember my motivation and hard work were involved here to overcome the problem). And now I am a programmer :) and I love my profession because I know how to talk with a machine. Here, you should not assume that a Degree is mandatory, there are programmers who start coding from an early age. Even they start programming very early Like:

Is Degree Necessary?

I also want to share with you that one of my beloved teacher Sir Zeeshan Hanif and a great Programmer/Teacher in Karachi (IMO) who I ever met also hold a B.Com Degree (nevertheless He acquired more degrees after that but his background was from commerce education). In recent time we hire C# developers without considering their  CS Degree background. There were standout in our C# basic test and technical interview. We required them so we hired him.
So, the degree is not an issue, I am not telling you that degree is unnecessary I will encourage you to earn it. But don't think that if you don't have a degree, if you are unable to enroll in any famous or costly university program then, you will not learn to program. There are significant free resources available that can teach you how to program in your own native language. So, don't wait and start it right now.

Note: Keep in mind don’t presume that you can’t learn programming (after reading this post). Programming is for everyone, you can do hard work to learn. Remember, maybe your failure is due to lack of motivation or Teacher’s skill or lack of hard work, you can overcome it in any way. I will suggest you must learn to program because it is everywhere (in every device, and even in humans) so, must learn it.
"Programming is for everyone but everyone cant' necessarily qualify" 

Read Mohammad Faizan Khan's answer to If almost everyone can learn programming for free, why is the salary relatively very high? on Quora